Veterans & Rural: Lesson 4
USDA B&I Loans
Area specialist Roe Hughes discusses about some of the products and programs the USDA has to offer to businesses here in Tennessee.
Test Your Knowledge
To receive credit for taking this course through TSBDC, watch the video and take the quiz that will appear below to demonstrate your knowledge.
0 of 3 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 3 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
What is the USDA Rural Development's flagship program?CorrectIncorrect
What is the maximum loan amount for the USDA Rural Development's guaranteed loan program?CorrectIncorrect
What is the annual renewal fee associated with a loan from USDA Rural Development?CorrectIncorrect
Video Lesson Topics
- One RD Business and Industry Guaranteed Loan Program
The Guaranteed Loan program from Rural Development will allow lenders looking to finance commercial needs of businesses and expansions to apply with USDA Rural Development for a loan guarantee. The loan guarantee is beneficial to the lenders because it provides security, and allows them to increase their lending potential to assist more businesses in the area. The B&I Loan program is a 80% guarantee of up to 25 million dollars. The lender will take the application from the borrower, review it, work with the local USDA Rural Development office, and put together a complete application for review.
- Who is Interested?
The industries that are most commonly interested in a B&I Loan are manufacturing industries, service industries, and even healthcare industries.
- Lender's Role
- The business will approach the lender to work together to determine the rates and terms of the loan.
- The lender will approach USDA to get the guaranteed loan.
- Items that are required are equity position of at least 10% for existing business and 20% for new business.
- Lenders can take the guaranteed loan and sell them on the secondary market to generate income.
- When the lender is approached about a loan from a borrower, they will work with USDA to run a pre-eligibility check.
- Lenders work with USDA to make sure that 100% coverage for the collateral submitted to secure the loan is met when the application is filed.
- Lenders will have some fees including an origination fee and an annual renewal fee.
Topics & Lessons
Each Below Topic Contains a Video Lesson and Helpful Downloadable Information
VetBiz Certification / VOSB
USDA REAP (Rural Energy for America Program)
USDA B&I Loans
Want to learn more about how this topic relates to your business?
Schedule a meeting with one of our consultants! All counseling sessions offered by the TSBDC are no-cost and provided by our staff of professional business consultants.